Follow up on Robyn proposal

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 02:26:29 UTC 2013

On 27 April 2013 16:48, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:

> for
> >>
> >> inode0 impatiently waits for later.

> >> We don't know which questions make sense until we have an idea of what
> >> we are trying to do.
> >
> > I think we all kinda agreed that the current userbase statement could be
> > changed, and in turn, this would have a impact on what Fedora as
> > community produce.
>
> We don't even agree on what the current definition of user base means.
> Does it apply to the default offering only or to the entire Fedora
> Project?

Of course not. As soon as anyone comes up with even a strawman proposal
everyone and their uncle come out of the woods yelling about how that
doesn't describe them (even if it was word for word what they said they
thought it would describe them 2 minutes earlier). In the end, I can only
say that our vocal user base are a bunch of people who spend more time
arguing both sides of an argument and making up at least 2 more sides just
to make sure everything is covered. As such I think our present OS and its
billion offerings matches what they want and don't want at the same time.

But what about our unvocal base? How do we find who are left of them and
what they want.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.