Follow up on Robyn proposal

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Apr 29 13:42:57 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 09:24:23 -0400,
   Eric Christensen <sparks at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>Quite frankly, all this talk has me thinking that we're trying to run Fedora like a company.  If we want our product to be X then we have to allocate people, money, and resources over there.  Well, this isn't a company and we don't have control over what the people are going to work on.  We need to let the people do their thing and support them through education initiatives, making sure that lines of communication are available, and to make sure we're one big group that is there to help each other out.

We do have some control over resources. We have money that gets used to
fund things like Flock, FUDcons and media. The board can ask people
to give higher priority to some tasks relative to others. That doesn't
magically make things happen, but can influence where contributors
decide to spend their time.