Volunteering as election wrangler

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Dec 10 11:23:49 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Hi board,
>
> according to the schedule [1] the election wrangler should have been
> picked a month ago. So far this hasn't happened, this is why I throw my
> hat into the ring.

Hi Christoph,
I'm more than happy to see a volunteer - with inode and Ankur, we were
thinking who could step into.

Elections schedule in the main schedule is not relevant, Ankur did his
own schedule (to make it easier for him) and it is PITA to sync it. It's
removed from future schedules (but not F20 one).

And where should elections aim? The agreement with FESCo is, that
elections will be held in the end of January, to be coordinated with
the multi product deadline. So old FESCo is going to be in charge by
this time (for continuity). Looking on the current list of blockers,
we're even not going to do anything exceptional to that 30 days after
release rule as there's possibility of F20 slip to January.

> Please confirm you are fine with me going ahead.

Go ahead, we will be in touch for scheduling questions but this time
you have pretty free hands to do whatever you want :).

Jaroslav