Request: ban Harald Reindl from devel@

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed May 22 14:35:43 UTC 2013

On 05/22/2013 02:11 PM, inode0 wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 8:53 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
> <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Simple answer:  the board considered them as good candidates to do the
>>> job.
>>>
>> I'm not looking a for a simple answer I'm looking for the reason why the
>> board chose them over all the other contributors in the project.
> The CWG had a defined purpose. The Board proposed not just these
> contributors but a larger group who members on the Board were
> confident in doing this job. Each Board member has their own reasons
> for feeling this group was well suited to the task.

Yes explain to me what those reason where

>   Some of those
> asked to help start the CWG accepted, others declined. One could less
> cynically view this as the Board tossing a pool of qualified people
> into a room and letting them form from that pool as they would. Not
> every new initiative can begin at a grand scale.

Or as I said picking it's own favorites.

>>> When proposing the CWG charter, we purposely choose to make it appointment
>>> only.  The logic being that we wanted the best candidates, not necessarily
>>> only those who would win a popularity contest (by election).
>>
>> How is that different from the board picking it's own favorite and
>> apparently not being able to fully back up with reason why they considered
>> those individuals more suited than others to fulfill cwg roles.
> The Board left the decision about succession up to the CWG to figure
> out. We just helped get it started. If the CWG wants to select members
> by throwing darts at FAS they can do that now.

If you expect me to take my hat on for the board to effectively created
judge/jury and executioners to play god over community members fate's
and has now given them the ability to throw dart's at fas to select
which individuals get to play god ( for how long hmm I guess they decide
that themselves right ) without any communities saying in it I'm not.

JBG