Request: ban Harald Reindl from devel@

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed May 22 15:20:53 UTC 2013

On 05/22/2013 02:47 PM, inode0 wrote:
> We can all list the qualities we have seen in these contributors that
> make us feel they would be well suited to the goals of the CWG. But I
> don't see any point in doing so since you will just say we picked our
> favorites again no matter what we give as reasons. Or you will
> disagree with us about the reasons which also gets us nowhere.

No I will understand why you ( members of board ) chose them and at the
same time come to the conclusion.

a) if they possess the quality that is required to be an community
working members an input for me for those members that I do not think
that should belong there.

b) if an current board member warrants my vote chooses he/she to run
again for a board seat ( that is if I can vote him ).

If the board/cwg is opening the ultimate community pandora's box and
planning on silence a community voice they better be..

a) elected

b) capable of judging that

and finally

c) handled entirely in the open so the community can be informed on what
has been done, what was tried to do and what those involved with
responded to those attempts.

We have a hard time enough growing our contributors base as is without
us throwing out one of our foundation and start banning our own exiting
contributors just because we dont like what they have to say or how they
say it.

People will sidestep us if/when we start doing that which is a hefty
price to pay for the community and the project in whole for the members
of it that apparently lack the knowledge on how to create their own mail
filtering rules.

JBG