Request: ban Harald Reindl from devel@

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed May 22 17:12:58 UTC 2013

On 05/22/2013 04:31 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 16:00:58 +0000,
>   "\"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson\"" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I would argue that there are bigger issues we are dealing with than
>> noise on mailing list and people not being able to filter it out it +
>> people can be assholes in bugzilla ( which you should be familiar
>> with ) even github [¹] (today's git gold ) basically where ever they
>> can access and comment on which I'm pretty sure hyperkitty with all
>> it bells and whistles wont be able to silence thou it seemed to be
>> aimed at doing so for our project mailinglists.
>
> The problem Harald isn't noise. It is his being very rude to people
> frequently.

One mans heaven is another mans hell.

What I'm trying to say with this is that you might feel something is
rude and offensive while I for example do not and even if I would think
it would be rude I would still try to listen to what that individual
would say then try to figure the root cause for it and the way to fix it
but then again that's just how my mind works.

Starting to filtering people based on other peoples feeling will never
lead to any good.

Fat people,skinny people, smokers, non smokers,vegans,meat eaters,
Christians, Non Christian, people that drink, people that dont drink,
Gnome camp/KDE camp  etc. etc. etc..  that list can go on and on
depending on who your are,where you are from, which upbringing you had,
at which age/gender heck even what mood you are in at that moment.

Our community is made up of people that look differently,act differently
are of different genders, are of different age and are from all over the
world which are all part of the same community for different reason so
where are you going to draw the line when you start doing that?.

JBG