Request: ban Harald Reindl from devel@

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed May 22 17:37:20 UTC 2013

On 05/22/2013 05:18 PM, inode0 wrote:
> They aren't resolving differences within the community, they are
> resolving differences between people.
>
> Bob and Jim can't get along and Bob asks Joan if she can help them get
> along better. Joan works with Bob and Jim to come to an understanding
> agreeable to both. Why does my having trust and faith in Joan matter?
> 99% of the time I won't even be aware mediation has occurred.
>
> Mediation has been happening in the community probably since it began.
> It doesn't require mass group sign-off to help people get along with
> each other better.

You still need people that possess the skill of mediation and have the
trust and faith from the community in them doing so otherwise people
wont listen

That trust and faith is not gained by randomly appointing people to an
group or for that group to start selecting people itself.

Those individuals need to be picked by the community itself.

JBG