[Ambassadors] A few observations on the Fedora 13 CD covers

Mahmoud Abdul Jawad abduljawad.mahmoud at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 14:12:19 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 5:51 PM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sure, new users are confused about everything.
>
> New users aren't likely to even understand there is anything but a GUI
> desktop or that there are options for the desktop. They are used to a
> world where there is *the* desktop.
>

> Since this conversation is about sleeves for media and most physical
> media that we produce really isn't going to these sorts of new users I
> think we are just drifting into another conversation about the
> project's general treatment of desktop options which, while I'm
> sympathetic to those who don't like the way they are treated now, is
> basically a hoofies-up debate at this point.
>
> John

you are right, this shouldn't be a big problem since the one who hands the
fedora DVDs & CDs knows what are the differences.
i just wanted to state that the problem doesn't come from the names, but
from the names policy, which - as you said - is useless to discuss here.

--
Regards,,
Mahmoud Abdul Jawad