[Ambassadors] Another Idea

Onyeibo Oku twohotis at fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 19 14:04:35 UTC 2010

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 15:09 +0200, "Giulio Fidente" <gfidente at redhat.com>
wrote:

Oh, but you misunderstand the situation.

Here, we discuss a PC without internet access. At most, it has performed
the initial setup of yum cache/metadata ... but that's about it (often
not the case). Subsequently, it must get its packages from another PC
that is far away -- running Windoze (and you're not allowed to boot into
live-USB)! The target PC should be able to list what is needed for a
successful installation so the Administrator can download them while in
town.  Something like that.
--
Oku, Onyeibo
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Twohot