[Ambassadors] Another Idea

Onyeibo Oku twohotis at fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 19 17:35:26 UTC 2010

> You could write a python script that would only call the
> aforementioned yum command, and then wrap that (and all the needed
> Python modules) in a .exe that you can then run on Windows.
>
> http://www.py2exe.org/
> http://bitbucket.org/faide/pylunch/overview/

This is the kind of solution that we need.  Linux converts mostly want
to see results after clicking an executable.  But then, I lack the
coding skill to do it.  I'm learning python mainly for Blender
scripting.

> And please, this is definitely not a topic for the ambassadors
> mailing-list. It seems it is increasingly becoming the default
> mailing-list for people who don't know where to write, and it is
> getting annoying.

I feel your pain and I'm sorry

> The Fedora users list would be more suitable to ask where to ask when
> you're in doubt, rather than a forum that is specialized in a
> completely unrelated matter.

You're right ... I'm done.  I'm going to move this inquiry to a more
appropriate forum.  Thanks to everyone for your input.

Regards
--
Oku, Onyeibo
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Twohot