[Ambassadors] What do you think? (was Re: fedoracommunity.org portal design)

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 09:32:01 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 5:49 AM, Sijis Aviles <sijis at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I looked at staged website[1], and each region page has a "Region-wide
> Resources" section and that points to the region's wiki page, for
> example EMEA[2]. Maybe from that region's wiki page it could go into
> further details as you described.

Right. But that is way harder to find out which other regional
resources are available apart for the single one listed in the main
page.

Let's compare the experience about finding my Fedora Regional Team
resources with our friends at Ubuntu.com.

Ubuntu:
1. go to ubuntu.com
2. click on "Community"
3. scroll and click on "Local Ubuntu Teams" (goes to wiki)
4. Find Italy and follow the links to site, mailing list, wiki, forum, etc...

Fedora (now)
1. go to fedoraproject.org
2. not sure how obvious is this, I click Communicate
3. click "Community Websites" (goes to a section", the again on
"Community Websites" link
4. click on "International"
5. Find Italy, 4 sites listed only one actually a community site, no
mention or links to other kind of resources.

Fedora (redesigned)
1. go to fedoraproject.org
2. click on "Community"  I guess this will link to fedoracommunity.org)
3. Select the region
4. find Italy, only one website listed
5. figure you need to click on the EMEA link (goes to wiki)
6. find Italy and follow the links to site, mailing list, wiki, forum, etc.

I still think making a shortcut from 4 to 6 in this last list is a
better solution, easier to figure out.

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com