[Ambassadors] Urgent Matter

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 22:41:01 UTC 2010

2010/8/30 Manuel Escudero <Jmlevick at gmail.com>:
> I have installed Fedora 13 Goddard x86_64 in my machine and I've updated to
> KDE 4.5, in order to run Skype I installed some 32 bit Qt libraries and
> when I installed the new KDE desktop I had to remove them because KDE 4.4
> uses the "1:4.6" version of these libraries and KDE 4.5 the "1:4.7"...
> Now I have KDE 4.5 and everything is fine but I can't run lastest Skype
> because it needs the "1:4.6" Qt libraries, it doesn't work with the new
> ones, but if I remove the new ones and I replace them with
> the older ones, many apps seem to be "downgraded" or they just don't work
> anymore...
> Does this mean we're not having Skype in Fedora 14 KDE Spin as it's going to
> be based on KDE 4.5?
> Many users need skype (in my case I'm running it in a Windows 7 VM) But
> without it we can't offer reliable "Videocalls" as they're not implemented
> in IM Clients Linux have.

The other day I found a very useful image that help me understand
better where I was standing within Fedora Project... is not up to
date, but still helpful ...
http://herlo.fedorapeople.org/files/vym-fpo.pdf

That came from a blog post ...
http://sexysexypenguins.com/2008/11/21/mind-maps-the-fedora-project/