[Ambassadors] F14 release slogan

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 19:01:33 UTC 2010

If only yours weren't more factually complete! :-) You jogged my
memory about the whole legal thing -- thanks for the reminder.  (More
proof that 1+N heads are often better than one.)  Yes, there was a
problem with the one sent to Legal and that left the team in a
quandary.  Essentially, the end result was the same, and the question
of whether the slogan was even useful was a contributing factor in the
decision not to go further for F14.

The Marketing team can still decide what to do in the long run.
IMVHO, I'm not sure an extra slogan is that big an assist -- we have a
strong story around the 4 Foundations, and perhaps we shouldn't be
inventing new slogans every six months that obscure that story.  AIUI,
Larry, you and I mostly agree about that.(*)

Paul

= = =
(*) Not that it really matters, or that we were disagreeing about
    anything else even, I just find it nice when people agree. :-)