[Ambassadors] emea-fedora mailing list ?

Pierros Papadeas ppapadeas at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 10:39:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Kévin Raymond
<shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi neighbours,
>
> Don't you think that creating an EMEA mailing list wouldn't help organizing?
> I personally think that EMEA decisions could be roughly (at least)
> done in the mailing list, as attending the weekly meeting is quite
> hard for many peoples.
> This would reduce the ambassadors' mailing list flow. This could also
> be done in other regions. Of course, we won't forget to cc-ing the
> general ambassador mailing list for important information.
>
> An other idea would be to use a regional tag in all our emails, by
> including [EMEA], [APAC]...
> At this stage, it is quite hard to filter this mailing list.

Hey Kevin,

To have a regional mailing list sometimes is good for organizational
purposes. But in the case of Ambassadors, it is instrumental to be
informed about our activities in world-wide scale. Many times we are
benefited by the processes and ideas that other Ambassadors have
throughout the world :)

I believe that having a little more traffic on the mailing list is a
small price to pay, to have ideas comments and feedback from everyone
around the world :)

It would be good though to have a tag like [EMEA] [NA] etc in cases of
reminders and region-specific notes that we would like not to bother
the whole list. Those tags should not be enforced but just advised to
be used.

~π

--
Pierros Papadeas