[Ambassadors] Fedora Talk @ ISET'com - 2010-12-08

Ilyes Gouta ilyes.gouta at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 19:19:37 UTC 2010

Hi,

We, me and Nihed, were at ISET'Com - Tunis last Wednesday and gave a
talk about GNU/Linux, open source and Fedora in front of a small group
of students.

I took the initiative to prepare a set of slides [1] for the event.
The covered topics are GNU, Linux, Open Source, The concept of
Distribution, Fedora, How to contribute, Some Applications. I've also
created a custom and lightweight version of the Fedora Electronic Lab
presentation [2] where I thought we could also give it a spin, if the
audience is interested enough.

We arrived a bit early at the school, met with a local organizer (a
prof. assistant) and then headed to the amphitheater to setup our rig.
We did a small rehearsal and distributed the roles. We brought with us
a nice lot of Fedora 14 Live CDs that we previously produced for the
SIB event.

The presentation went alright and we did a Q&A run at the end. The
students were responsive and we got a bunch of very interesting
questions. We distributed some Fedora 14 CDs and we eventually got
some students asking us to help them installing Fedora 14 on their
laptops! :) which we happily did.

You'll also find at
http://ilyes.fedorapeople.org/ISETCom_Talk_20101208/ all the event
material including  the Impress slides, the event poster and pictures
and a nice video depicting the Q&A phase.

-Ilyes Gouta

[1] http://ilyes.fedorapeople.org/ISETCom_Talk_20101208/ISETCom_Fedora_Talk.odp
[2] http://ilyes.fedorapeople.org/ISETCom_Talk_20101208/ISETCom_FEL_Talk.odp