[Ambassadors] Events calendars

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 15:16:54 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Rodrigo Padula
<rodrigopadula at projetofedora.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've added more 8 important events that are organized every year in
> Brasil with the focus: International, Regional or Local.
>
> I think we need to choose/develop a system in our portal to manage
> events. It's very complicated to keep the Events Wiki pages updated with
> all events that we are realising/covering around the world.
>
> Wiki isn't productive for this king of content, I guess!
>
> My US$0,02

I completely agreed! For the time of launching F12... It was
frustrating for me writing one entry for event, then duplicating the
entry for launch party, then making both entries in Spanish for LATAM
infraestructure. Going further we need a better way to promote our
events. Push them, not just waiting for people look into the wiki.
Probably if we have a central site for events, we can make easier to
submit and consult. Even we can get a easier way for other people
promoting events to check ours and feed their calendars.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217