[Ambassadors] FOSSCon Fedora booth

Indigo196 indigo196 at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jun 10 00:27:54 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 23:28 -0400, Mel Chua wrote:
> On 06/08/2010 11:27 PM, threethirty wrote:
> > ahoy hoy:
> >
> > Well everyone I failed miserably, and am backing out of this event.
> > I don't know what I am doing and have been in waaay over my head for
> > a while now.  I blogged
> > (http://numberedhumanindustries.wordpress.com/2010/06/09/fosscon-in-over-my-head-need-help/)
> > my failure and told people to pipe up if they wanted to take over.  I
> > am terribly sorry for any inconvenience I have caused.  I'm sure this
> > is the last thing you guys needed to deal with.
>
> Justin, it's ok, don't be so hard on yourself - this is part of how we
> learn. :)

Yes, do not be so hard on yourself.

> So: I am at FOSSCon anyhow (RIT's campus in Rochester, NY on June 19, a
> Saturday), but booked for the 1-4pm sessions. This means I *can* pick up
> on point for this booth, do setup, and staff the morning if it's needed,
> if...

I will be there as well -- floating around the floor, helping, covering
the Ubuntu booth, Lugor booth and Fedora booth.

> * swag is on its way already (herlo?)

I know the banners are being shipped to me with a schedule to arrive
Thursday or Friday. I believe someone asked for my addy to send DVD/CDs
as well. I am not sure about swag. Let me know if someone needs me
address.

> * others can staff the afternoon (noon-4pm), break down the booth, and
> pack it into a box I can pick up on my way out (Charles, any interest
> from the local LUG?)

Mel:

I have sent out several messages and not gotten any responses. We are
roughly a week away so I will try again.

> If it helps with the second, we do get two free tickets to FOSSCon with
> the booth. I'm a speaker already and don't need them, so both are still
> available.
>
> --Mel
>
> PS: I'd prefer not to have to staff the morning (I will be dead on my
> feet after running a weeklong workshop), but I can if that's the only
> way to get this booth to happen. It's not crucial (no puppies will be
> killed if this booth does not happen), but it seems so close to
> happening that it'd be a shame to not at least check once more to see if
> we don't in fact have all the pieces in place.

I have to introduce the keynotes and do my own presentation, but I can
be around some the rest of the day.

Charles