[Ambassadors] Fedora laynards

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 06:27:16 UTC 2010

Hi Christos,

I have also tought also on that, and I have made a small sample order to
have some here an local company (Fedora logo on it, not Fudcon btw.). Else,
placing the business card into the card holder could resolve 2 things. It
could hold more business card, so when you need you could share. Otherwise,
it could serve as nameplate...

Zoltan

2010/6/14 Christos Bacharakis <cmpahar at gmail.com>

> Fedora Project Ambassadors and generally people inside fedora who make
> public relationships are always surrounded by people who want to learn more
> about Fedora. People always ask them how fedora works, QA and generally want
> to know more and more. The only thing that they don't know is the
> Ambassador's name.
>
> People are more friendly and chat more easily when they know you name and
> they are not calling you buddy, my friend, young man and many other
> nicknames. You can always introduce yourself every time you start a chat but
> I think it would be better to wear a Fedora ID card with your name on it.
> Additional it would be better to have a Fedora laynard[1] with a Fedora ID
> card and a place to attach your usb stick and many more.
> I think it would be perfect to create some Fedora laynard which can be used
> in every Fedora or generally FOSS event/conference.
>
> I made some search together with Pierros and we came up that the price for
> a single laynard is less than a dollar. If you think that it is a good idea
> we can contact the factory and make sure that they create some/a lot of
> Fedora laynards for having them at FUDCon 2010 at Zurich.
>
> What do you think?
>
> [1] something like that:
> http://img.alibaba.com/photo/50743642/Lanyards_With_ID_Badge_Holders.jpg
>
> --