[Ambassadors] Fedora Ambassadors Africa

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 17 10:02:04 UTC 2010

Hello Fellows,

during our EMEA Meetings in February and March the EMEA Community
decided to give more support to Africa. And there were a lot heated
discussions about influence of Europe in Africa and how we can help them
best.

http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-02-17/fedora-meeting.2010-02-17-20.05.log.html
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-03-31/fedora-meeting.2010-03-31-20.07.log.html

I noticed that there was no Africa Meeting anymore for a longer time
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Africa_Meetings

Maybe i missed a decision, that we are ready now and no longer need
special separate Meetings on Africa, but if we follow the 14 Day cycle
the last 3 Africa Meetings have not happened.
Or maybe it was just not enough attendance on them?

However - with the good organized community in North Africa and now that
we have some first really good results and learning expiriences in Ghana
from Idlelo - where we start new efforts in localization and hire new
contributors
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2010-June/014662.html
http://pierros.papadeas.gr/?tag=ghana

and also could gain first personal real live contact and colaboration
with FOSSFA, i think we should not throw away what is achieved right now.

This is a chance that Fedora get piggipacked to another countries by
FOSSFA if we collaborate with them.

From my personal pov - if Africa still needs separate Meetings - i think
if a Contributor from the African mainland can step up to lead and
continue with the work and also continues with the Meetings, would be
save the work we have done already. Sure, that i will help and
campaigning for him to get what he need to be succesful.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Africa
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Africa_Meetings

cu Joerg
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688