[Ambassadors] Question on which size Live USB Keys is used by Ambassadors. :)

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 11 08:38:40 UTC 2010

Hi David,

2010/3/11 David Ramsey <diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com>:
> For example, if you have or have used Live USB Keys at an
> distribution, event or whatever, then which size USB Key is "minimum" for
> doing the Live Fedora system?  :)

I'd say the absolute minimum is the size of the live image, i.e. the
size of a CD.

However, it depends on what you plan to do with those USB keys.

For example, if you want to add a persistent layer or a /home
partition, then you will need more space.

So there's not really a definite answer for your question, unless you
accept "it depends" :)

FWIW, we produced Fedora branded USB sticks here in France. We chose
2GB ones, as they are a good compromise between price and what is
possible with the size.

Best regards,