[Ambassadors] Being Ambassadors *within* the Fedora Project

David Ramsey diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 18 21:47:20 UTC 2010

Hello Everyone,

Greetings.  :)

John, thank you for you post.  :)

>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Fedora_13_test_days

>>> As a group we could easily double or triple the level of participation seen currently in Test Days. In conjunction with our setting a good example by personally participating in Test Days, I think we should add promoting Test Days to others as one of our talking points, especially with new contributors.

Very true indeed.  I concur on recommending the Test Day participation.  :v)

> Any time today works, folks will be in #fedora-test-day to help with anything.

> I took part this morning and while I had great results (4/4 tests passed, 1 didn't apply to my test systems) I learned some useful things about tools I hadn't previously used. If my first taste of Fedora Test Days is any indication of things to come I expect to actually get some useful experience with features I don't use by participating. So a win for me too.

+1!  I agree with you 100%!  :)

I have tried participating in the last five Test Days -

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Fedora_13_Test_Days

Today's Test Day has some tools which I did not know existed -

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Benchmark2.png

Lastly, I really liked the Test Days, the modules are very useful to learn and practice new features.  The exposure to these features will help me now to see things in different way and I think that helps in my presentation of Fedora ideas.  That is absolute win/win for us.  I recommend the Test Day experience.  :v)

Please have a great day/evening!  :~)

Thank You
Sincerely
=-=-=-=-=
- David -
=-=-=-=-=
David Ramsey
---------------------------------
猿も木から落ちる
さるもきからおちる
Even monkeys fall from trees.
Even experts make mistakes.
=
Fedora Project's Japan & Maryland Ambassador dramsey at fedoraproject.org
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey
* Two (2) dual core systems with 3.0 GB of RAM running the Fedora 12 (Constantine) kernel - 2.6.32.10-83.fc12.i686.PAE
* Two (2) dual core systems with 3.0 GB of RAM running the Fedora 13 (Goddard) kernel - 2.6.33-10.fc13.i686.PAE
With eight (8) x86_64 computing cores, 16 GB of RAM and two SATA Seagate 7200.12 500 GB harddisks.
=