[Ambassadors] EMEA media production

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 18 23:27:51 UTC 2010

Am Freitag, den 19.03.2010, 00:12 +0100 schrieb Mathieu Bridon:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 00:05, Christoph Wickert
> <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> Local communities producing their own media likely do it anyway to
> >> translate the artwork in their own language, so I don't see why you
> >> would need a formal request to the design team instead of simply doing
> >> it as soon as the « official » media branding is done.
> >
> > I would have loved to do it. but for nearly two months, nobody bothered
> > to tell me where the official artwork was, so I couldn't do anything.
>
> I just googled « Fedora 12 media sleeves » and the first result was:
>    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MediaArt/F12
>
> You're right though, those are not SVG but Scribus sources (except for
> the Lightscribe source which is a SVG).

Mathieu, I do know how to use Google, but at that time I was looking for
SVG but not for SLA. The first set of artwork I did with help from
Tatica was SVG and when it was finished I was told it was useless
because inkscape can't do CMYK and I had to use scribus SLA. If somebody
bothered to tell me this two months earlier nether me nor Tatica would
have wasted our time. This is all described in the ticket I linked,
please read it.

What I wanted to say:
     1. It's not as easy to just file a request and you are done.
     2. The media wrangler needs to be in a position to kick people in
        their buts if they don't react in a timely manner.
     3. I think it is very naive to think that now that we have a signed
        letter from Max all our problems will magically disappear.

Regards,
Christoph