[Ambassadors] Resigning as Ambassador

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Fri Mar 26 17:20:33 UTC 2010

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010, Marcus Moeller wrote:

> I am sorry to say that I am going to resign as Ambassador for Fedora.
>
> I tried to do my best with FUDCon planning for Zurich but the whole
> process was so frustrating that I am not willed to put any more effort
> into it.
>
> What happend will be discussed in FAMSCO next monday, where I am going
> to attend as well.
>
> I am not sure if I can remove, so would be glad if one could do that
> for me.

Marcus,

I owe you a public apology, and I would ask you to please reconsider
your decision.

The pre-planning that you and Sandro have done for a FUDCon in Zurich is
superb, and it is by far the best option that exists, and given that we
want to in September (about 5+ months from now), I think it's absolutely
the right decision to say "yes, FUDCon Zurich 2010 is the thing to do!"

I guess you've been waiting for that to be said in public, and it is
100% my fault that it hasn't been, and that you felt like your only
option was to walk away.

Based on the "bid process", I think we definietly should be holding
FUDCon EMEA in Zurich for 2010.  The only concern that existed was one
of cost, and it seems like you guys have found a lot of options that can
help to mitigate that.

Please reconsider and accept my apology for being a terrible
communicator regarding FUDCon EMEA 2010.

--Max