[Ambassadors] [EMEA Media] F13 shipping ideas?

Pierros Papadeas ppapadeas at gmail.com
Mon May 17 09:40:53 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Sascha Thomas Spreitzer
<sspreitzer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hello friends,
>
> how do you think should we organize shipping of the F13 media?
> Little brainstorm words; Ideas, Process, Tools, Events, Costs

Hi Sascha!

I am thinking that the plan should be something like this :

1. A person nearby media production company should take all the media
produced (could be you I guess)

2. That person ships most of the media to 6 key locations in Europe
and keeps some for Germany (that locations should be Italy, UK,
Belgium or NL, Greece, Hungary, and in someone willing to handle the
Africa section possibly Isaac in Accra) I am thinking about this
locations because some places can be facilitated be co-events like
Belgium and NL, Germany and Swiss, Romania and Hungary etc. The
shipping costs for this initial thing will be around 250 Euros and i
think we can handle it... (Fedora EMEA ev anything on that?)

3. Secondary distribution by small shipments (can be self funded) or
through events

4. Africa region will also need a budget for shipping around 300 Euros I guess..

Most of the upcoming events are Release parties and i could postpone
mine in order to have some media for it (Primary shipment done). The
rest of the events are after summer so the Secondary Distribution will
have taken place..

Any comments on the plan? :)

~π

--