[Ambassadors] [EMEA Media] A question about past F12 budget

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Fri May 21 13:29:55 UTC 2010

Am Freitag, den 21.05.2010, 12:17 +0200 schrieb Sascha Thomas Spreitzer:
> Hello friends,
>
> i had an audio conference (phone call) with the sales person of the
> media company and found out the following things for the past F12
> media order:
>
> - 1500 pcs CD 32bit Live (2000 sleeves)
> - 1500 pcs DVD 32bit Install (2000 sleeves)

Where did the rest of this order go? We only had 880 each, 1760 in
total. Nearly half of that order seems to have gone else where. Max, do
you now any details about this?

Who was in charge of ordering the media by that time? Who actually
placed the last order? It would be very helpful to speak to that person.

> I will place a total final call for media quantities in the next EMEA
> meeting, which is 1 day after F13 release by today.
> Quantity decided in the upcoming meeting will be final and ordered on,
> so if you want your voice placed on the quantities, attend the meeting
> and vote on proposal.

I'm not sure I'll be able to attend. So here is my proposal:
Try to avoid odd number because of the sleeves.
Don't order to much.
If we spend much money, try to spend it on variety instead of quantity.

My suggestion:
1000 Live GNOME i686 (470 EUR)
1000 Install DVD i686 (650 EUR)
1000 Install DVD x86_64 (650 EUR)
1000 KDE Live i686 (470 EUR)
500  Xfce Live i686 (xxx EUR)
500  LXDE Live i686 (xxx EUR)

5000 Media for ~ 3400 EUR, even less if we forgo the sleeves for
LXDE/Xfce or do combined ones. This is enough for EMEA with Africa
included and it's still affordable for us.

I have one more question about the quotes from the media company: In the
"all inclusive" quotes everything is cheaper than in the detailed ones.
Take the 1000 Live CDs for example. According to this quote they are 470
EUR:
http://sspreitzer.fedorapeople.org/mediaquotes/F13/Angebot%204%20x%
201_000%20St%c3%bcck%20im%20Zusammendruck.pdf
but when listing all prices individually in
http://sspreitzer.fedorapeople.org/mediaquotes/F13/Angebot%20500%201000%
201500%20mit%20und%20ohne%20Sleeves.pdf
1000 discs are at 690 EUR! 470 EUR vs. 690 EUR???

Regards,
Christoph