[Ambassadors] [seminar-report] Linux | Feodra | Opensource workshop at CIT Aburoad by ElectroMech Team.

ElectroMech electromech at electromech.info
Mon Nov 1 15:21:10 UTC 2010

Dear All,

We are very glad about a workshop conducted at CIT (Chartered Institute of
Technology, Aburoad, Rajasthan).

Great overwhelming respond from the slight remote place.

Although this is only a second year of the Institute, excellent enthusiasm
and interest shown by All student.

We are invited by Mr. Shivram Faculty at CIT.

At the first and Initial communication Mr. Shivram was not confident that
this kind of "Free" workshop get any success or not.

We went there for checking the lab before two days of event and tested few
things to avoid any surprises at the time of event.

Mr. Shivram want this workshop span for 3 days. (Friday Saturday and Sunday)

We, Electromech team started at 7:30 from Ahmedabad, Gujarat, includes
members Mr. Sham, Mr. Karan, Mr. Vimal (Rajkot).

We reached slightly late due to heavy traffic.

We started introduction session around 11:30 AM.

Conducted two small quiz to check the knowledge among the student so we can
conduct training accordingly.

Unfortunate I left due to my busy schedule after lunch.

Mr. Sham and our team again started after lunch with Fedora 13 installation.

There were 60 students divided into two class room. (visualized in
photographs)

Each lab consist of 30 computers.

Everybody perform Fedora 13 installation and prepared the system.

Mr. Sham explained about RAID, LVM and some advance options at the time of
installation.

The response was unexpected starting from first day, Students do not want to
leave class room even at 7:30 PM.

Mr. Sham conducted the two more days workshop, supported by Mr. Vimal and
Mr. Karan.

Thanks to Mr. Shivram and CIT, Aburoad for inviting us and excellent
hospitality.

Our team delivered workshop for following topic.

Basic understanding of FSH
Basic Linux permissions
User management
Package management YUM and RPM
Network configuration and management.
Partition and mounting concepts.
Process Management.

Student had given excellent feed back, once we build chart from the same
will published.

The photo graphs are available from below link.

http://www.electromech.info/component/option,com_phocagallery/Itemid
,66/id,9/view,category/

The effect of seminar is student want next level seminar within 2-3 month
only. :)

Great workshop with good student and excellent environment.

Thanks and regards.

Nilesh Vaghela
ElectroMech
Redhat Channel Partner and Training Partner
404, Maulik arcade, Above Karnavati Pagarakha Bazar,
Nr. Mansi cross Road,
Satellite Rd, Ahmedabad
25, The Emperor, Fatehgunj, Baroda.
www.electromech.info