[Ambassadors] How to be a Mentor?

Marcus Moeller mail at marcus-moeller.de
Sat Oct 30 07:44:25 UTC 2010

Dear Joerg,

>> so anyone who is interested could step up and join
>
> i disagree here, people do not get appointed to this role by a rulebook
> and membership management (focus the Ambassdors Group) is not our main
> purpose
>
> mentoring itself is - i say it again - the job of Ambassadors anyway!

That's true but new Ambassadors are pointed to the listed contacts
first, and maybe someone else/new wants to be in place here, too.

I personally would suggest to define fixed number of slots for mentors
(based on the numbers of Ambassador approvals in the region) and if
one becomes unavailable a new one could apply for that. To make this
happen, there must be some kind of rules which have to been fulfilled
(and if the only rule is: describe briefly why you want to become a
mentor).

Greets
Marcus