[Ambassadors] The ambassador map page

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 3 05:36:13 UTC 2010

Hi Susmit,

On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 23:25 -0600, susmit shannigrahi wrote:
> > Could you please just remove the drop down and directly show the
> > ambassadors map?
>
> Of course not.
> It is there in case someone be interested to extend it in future.
> Thanks.

You can show a full page by default and still have the dropdown to allow
people to switch from the default. this is a fine design pattern to
follow. Check out:

http://stg.fedoracommunity.org

We place folks on the APAC page first, and if they want to click to a
different region they can easily.

We did this rather than have a splash page that 100% of users have to
click through to get to where they really want to go. Since we go ahead
and show APAC to start:

- the % of users who wanted APAC info get it right away, so we save that
group an extra click

- the % of users who didn't necessarily want APAC and might not even
know what the page is about can see right away what kind of information
they can find there without clicking through a splash

~m