[Ambassadors] FAmNA Meeting Minutes - 2011-04-19

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Wed Apr 20 16:52:15 UTC 2011

Here are the minutes from last night's NA Ambassadors meeting, as well as some general notes:

Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-04-20/famna.2011-04-20-01.01.html
Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-04-20/famna.2011-04-20-01.01.log.html

As an FYI: There was a significant deal of discussion regarding the FUDCon NA location decision,
which has not been made yet. We've been asked to give a recommendation, and I think there was
quite a bit of confusion over that, but you can read through the logs if you'd like an overview
of where we stand right now.  I'll be posting a recap to the fudcon-planning list, and it was decided
that perhaps we should organize another meeting, not necessarily exclusive to ambassadors, to work on
giving a recommendation to FAmSCo and the FPL for decision-making purposes.

If you are interested in helping in that process, I recommend that you join the fudcon-planning list
(https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/fudcon-planning), although I will certainly announce
a date for a meeting on that topic here as well.

(If anyone disagrees with anything I've said above that was present at last night's meeting, please
feel free to correct me.)

-Robyn

======================================
#fedora-meeting: FAmNA Meeting 4-19-11
======================================

Meeting started by lcafiero at 01:01:47 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-04-20/famna.2011-04-20-01.01.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:NA_Ambassadors_2011-04-19
   (lcafiero, 01:02:33)
* Announcements  (lcafiero, 01:04:11)

* Events  (lcafiero, 01:19:57)
   * LINK:
     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LinuxFest_Northwest_%28LFNW%29_2011
     (lcafiero, 01:20:40)
   * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELF_2011   (lcafiero,
     01:24:38)
   * SELF 2011 planning is just starting. If you are planning on
     attending, please add your name to the page.  (rbergeron, 01:26:39)
   * We also have space available for FAD activities on Friday, Saturday,
     AND Sunday, but we need to reserve that stuff ASAP.  (rbergeron,
     01:26:57)
   * If you have any FAD ideas, please communicate them, I guess either
     via email on amb-list or on the wiki page.  (rbergeron, 01:27:18)
   * Hotel last year sold out quickly - please plan accordingly
     (rbergeron, 01:29:08)
   * Media may or may not be available (f15 that is) - herlo will bring
     some with if it's done, if not, will have a burn party, time/date
     TBD.  (rbergeron, 01:33:24)

* Discussion of Bids for FUDCon NA (at the request of the FPL)
   (lcafiero, 01:41:13)
   * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_Olin_2012
     (lcafiero, 01:41:44)
   * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Blacksburg_2012
     (lcafiero, 01:42:08)
   * LINK:
     https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhtE3PhGXQCndFFhNmtEWEZYY1hQNEZuV05ZTEh3aGc&hl=en&authkey=CLuUobYF#gid=0
     (lcafiero, 01:42:41)
   * LINK:
     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_Olin_2012#Transportation_to_Event
     (mchua, 01:55:46)
   * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Blacksburg_2012#Travel
     (mchua, 01:56:00)
   * AGREED: Transport costs (as in airport to airport): Olin 4,
     Blacksburg 3.  (rbergeron, 02:06:39)
   * AGREED: We are going to talk through the bids and have a reasonable
     discussion and scrap the spreadsheet.  (rbergeron, 02:17:30)
   * LINK: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Etherpad_FAD   (mchua, 02:34:03)
   * LINK:
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_W._Olin_College_of_Engineering#Rankings,
     fwiw  (mchua, 02:50:21)
   * AGREED: rbergeron to announce a recap, offer another meeting time in
     the planning channel, and schedule a vote  (rbergeron, 03:04:42)

* Open Floor  (rbergeron, 03:05:20)

Meeting ended at 03:10:08 UTC.

Action Items
------------