[Ambassadors] Linux is 20 Years Old TODAY!

Jukka Palander jukka at devspain.com
Fri Aug 26 13:49:28 UTC 2011

Hello all dear Ambassadors and Linux users!

We are in the edge of many significant birthdays!

First of all. IBM already had its 100 year anniversary earlier this
year.

Secondly PC (IBM PC) had its 30 years anniversary.

AND last but not the least LINUX is having its 20 years birthday TODAY
26.8. !!!!

HIP-HIP-HOOOORAY!

This is the date when Finnish guy called Linus Torwalds first ever told
about Linux OS to the world. He started actually by creating the "better
version" of Minix... and the VERY FIRST v.0.01 Linux was done "ready" at
September 1992 and v.0.02 was the first Open Source version!

I personally remember when Linus was studying at Helsinki University.
Never really spoke to him at all, but he was there...

--
Jukka

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Devspain