[Ambassadors] FAMSCo 2011 Election Result

Danishka Navin danishka at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 13:50:40 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Matthias Kranz <matthiaskranz at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 12/07/2011 10:39 AM, Suresh Packiyarajah wrote:
> > Just i have read blog post from Fabian Affolter(known as fab) via
> > planet fedoraproject.i would like to share it again to the ambassadors
> > list because of we are having 545 people but it's seems 104
> > votes(~19%) have been made.yesterday i tried to verify how many of us
> > have been voted but it is clear now.
> >
> > It makes sense Just ~10 minutes is more than enough to read and cast
> > your vote. Does this mean that they are lazy to do at least this?
> >
> > Please have a look at the original post[1] by Fabian.
> >
> > [1]:http://fabian-affolter.ch/blog/index.php/famsco-2011-election-result
>
> You could also read it like this:
>
> In 2007 there were 288 Ambassadors. In 2011 there are 545. That is
> almost 190%.
>
> In 2007 there were 69 people voting. In 2011, 104 voted. If we assume
> that most of the voters are more or less also active ambassadors, then
> the number of active ambassadors grew by 50%.
>
> Cheers,
> Matthias

during the past few government elections i did not cast my vote as i am not
interested about local politics.
but I was alive during the electing time.

you can't indicate the status (active or not) by just looking at the number
of votes.

you must send a survey and find why other people not interested.

my suggestion FAMSCO should collect the feedback on their work before the
next election, and it will help to maintain a QoS from FAMSCO. Not only
that but also we could find some suggestions from the community which we
can set as the targets of next year.