[Ambassadors] FAMSCo 2011 Election Result

Suresh Packiyarajah sureshp8 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 04:51:43 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 10:33 PM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Spending 10 minutes on voting is preposterous for 99% of the people
> eligible to vote. If you already know all the candidates personally
> and already understand the issues related to the body being elected
> you can vote in 10 minutes. Otherwise such a vote is damaging to the
> election process and not something we want to encourage.
>
> Understood.

> How much time did I spend on voting this year. Let's say an hour or
> two reading through and thinking about the candidate questionnaires.
> Then there were the 5 townhalls where the candidates came to talk with
> those electing them directly in an open forum. Those were scheduled
> for one hour each but they all went longer I think. So let's say I
> spent another 6 or 7 hours at the townhalls, including one at 5am my
> time. I talked to several of the candidates and other contributors
> about election issues over the weeks leading up to the election. I
> think it is fair to say that being an engaged voter required at least
> 20 hours of my time in the past election.

Do not confuse with 10 min what i said already.let me clear my point as
usual we are spending some time by daily basic to read fedora mails and
wiki ..so on.. so as i said that final 10 min enough to read instruction
and cast your vote.

> If you only want to write numbers in boxes you can do that fast with
> little effort. If you want to actually participate in the elections as
> an informed and knowledgeable voter it will take time and effort on
> your part as a voter. It isn't being lazy for an eligible voter to
> feel that being a responsible voter takes too much effort, too much
> time he/she would rather spend doing something else. It isn't being
> lazy if you just don't care about the governance of the different
> parts of the Fedora Project.

Good point and knowledgeable voter or active ambassadors,she/he already
knows up to date news happening around fedora, also i hope they know each
others on their region *only* if they are active.

> In my opinion, it is lazy to be a voter
> and only give 10 minutes of your time in the process.
>

> John
> --

-Suresh