[Ambassadors] What FOSS collaborative tools are available to contributors, what is needed?

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 8 11:09:44 UTC 2011

Hi there,

>From the survey thread on the amba list[1] it appears that people
simply use what they know and don't even look for open alternatives.
Is there a wiki page showing all collaborative tools set up for contributors?
I've heard about an etherpad instance last year… Still up?
What about setting a dudle[3] instance (doodle like) or similar?
UNG Docs ("UNG is Not Google") looks great for online office tools,
never tried. But could be used instead of google doc.
What about survey? I've seen some the past year, I am sure that we
have something around.

Simply give inputs I will then fill a wiki page if needed.

As a Fedora Project Contributor, I feel really proud to tell people
that we are all using only free and open source software (please don't
check my smtp server…). There are many great free alternatives, we
should highlight them (or set up them using our infra if there is no
online service yet).

[1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2011-December/018595.html
[2] http://www.ung-project.org/
[3] https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/about.cgi?lang=en