[Ambassadors] FAmSco meeting 2011-12-14 minutes

Max Spevack mspevack at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 15 03:07:53 UTC 2011

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011, Max Spevack wrote:

> I'm going to try to dig up some older mails that had the reasoning
> behind that, because this ground has been covered before.

http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-01-07/fedora-meeting.2010-01-07-18.06.html

I fear that the discussions from the end of 2009 about making a new
famsco list with open archives are lost in the archives of the old,
private FAMSCO list that wasn't part of lists.fedoraproject.org.

My honest feeling is that there is very little that FAMSCO needs to
discuss that can't be discussed in a fully transparent manner.

The only sorts of things that would want privacy are issues regarding
potential mis-use of funds, or Fedora code of conduct issues.  In which
case, starting a private thread with the few email addresses of FAMSCO
members is not a heavy burden, and is actually a useful gut-check.

Making it take a bit of effort to start a private thread is a good thing
in a project like Fedora Ambassadors that requires transparency in order
to be effective.

My recommendation -- don't go back over already-discussed ground.  :)

--Max, surprisingly talkative on Fedora-related issues today.