[Ambassadors] FAmSCo Report: November 2011

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 17:36:45 UTC 2011

2011/12/28 Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com>:
> Hi Igor,
>
> let me ask you: How much time do you spend on these reports? While they
> do indeed contain valuable information, I am not sure we should continue
> spending our time on reports or on getting actual work done.
>
> If it's just a few minutes, then we should continue with the reports but
> if it's a substantial amount of work, then we should focus on more
> important things.
>
> I hope that we manage to increase transparency and participation in
> FAmSCo meetings so that one day we don't need any more reports because
> every ambassador knows what FAmSCo has done for him lately.

Hello Christoph,

good that you brought this up because I've been thinking how we could
improve the current reporting method for this new FAmSCo term.

Collecting the data itself doesn't take a huge amount of time, what really
demands time is creating the report on publican. Maybe we could use a more
straightforward approach providing only the wiki version and spending more time
preparing and reporting our meetings.

I think we still need a monthly report but it can be done in a
different way that
could provide more useful information about FAmSCo actions and decisions.

Regards,
Igor Soares