[Ambassadors] Survey: Red Hat Certifications/Training for FAms (Just 2 or 3 minutes required)

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 21:33:40 UTC 2011

2011/12/28 Uditha Bandara Wijerathna <udinnet at fedoraproject.org>
> Hello Everybody,
>
> I've just created a survey to collect information from ambassadors regarding RH certifications and Fedora Training.
> This is a small survey and please spend few minutes to complete it. :)
>
> The idea behind this survey is to collect information from ambassadors about their desire to learn Fedora and get certified from RH.
> After the collection of data, we can ask for the support from FAmSCo and come up with a better solution.

While those who know me know that I think very highly of Red Hat
certifications and have been privileged to benefit from them
personally, I don't see any reason this should be something for
ambassadors specifically. The value of the certification has little to
do with performing ambassador duties or with being qualified to be a
good ambassador for Fedora.

I can more easily support an initiative to help all Fedora
contributors who are interested in acquiring certifications do so. I
don't think FAmSCo is the best vehicle for that and I don't think it
really falls under the FAmSCo mission.

Can we discuss here what you would like FAmSCo or anyone else to
provide in terms of support?

John