[Ambassadors] Fedora 15 Ambassadors Schedule

Pierros Papadeas ppapadeas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 17:18:01 UTC 2011

Hello all,

We did the test last release, but things went not as planned. We tried
to enforce a Schedule for Ambassador Specific activities in sync with
the release of Fedora 14, but most of the tasks were not pursued in
time. It is not time to point fingers so lets look for Fedora 15
Schedule of Ambassadors!

This time FAmSCo (and personally I , as chair) takes full
responsibility of making sure the schedule will be followed as
planned. After the election of the current FAmSCo (November - December
2010) we did a review [1] of the draft schedule from J.Poelstra (our
previous schedule wrangler) and with help of Robyn Bergeron (our
beloved current schedule wrangler) we updated it to meet Ambassador
specific needs.

Also we have new naming of the tasks to help us understand the owner
of task more easily (it was a problem on the old one).

Who will enforce it?
FAmSCo will make sure the owners of each task have whatever they need
to make the action.

How will we report back and review schedule?
The Schedule will be part of our weekly FAmSCo calls so feel free to
drop by to raise an issue. If this is not possible raise the issue on
the mailing list of Ambassadors.

Is the schedule flexible?
We are human beings and sometimes we cannot meet some deadlines :)
This is totally understandable and FAmSCo will be there to help out,
and in extreme cases reform schedule to meet some updated needs.

Is this the final form of the schedule?
Although we tried to deliver a schedule that took into consideration
all of our needs, we understand that the schedule will need some
reform and fine tuning for our next release (e.g. Fedora 16). After
the Fedora 15 release is over we will gather all available feedback
and discuss it to make the appropriate adaptions.

Where is the Schedule anyway?
The schedule can be found here [2] along with the rest of the Fedora
15 schedules

Is this schedule describing all Ambassadors Tasks?
Of course not! This schedule is only for release-specific Ambassador
tasks (i.e. tasks like Release Parties, media production etc). Feel
free to host events and make action out of the schedule as always! But
if your actions are release-specific please help us meet the
guidelines.

Feel free to comment (as always) and step up on specific regional
tasks. I will post and nudge on the mailing list towards the adherence
to the schedule :)

~π

[1] http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-ambassadors/2010-12-30/ambassadors_schedule_discussion.2010-12-30-15.48.html
[2] http://rbergero.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-15/f-15-ambassadors-tasks.html