[Ambassadors] Idea: Joining process

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 10:41:51 UTC 2011

I think the artwork is good, and nice to be targeted that to be little
bit cartoonish. But if we are going this way - no one will believe to
us that we making an bleeding edge system. However, this kind of
artwork is necessary to kids, if we ambassadors are going to schools -
so don't drop this work, make one sheet/or two sided flyers to have
the ability to gain interest for Sugar on the stick, and for early
introductions of Fedora. Btw, we don't have such spin where we giving
an complete Fedora based OS for kids (similarly like Quimo) with
parental control and such - but that time till arrives, might be
handy. Btw. The kids from the Soas banner can be resized and reused?

I like Sirko's work, mostly - except one part. The kid face/head shows
no emotions, and looks like an rag-puppet with wide, dulled opened
glass eyes, so needs to be changed I think somehow. Also I think if
the kid is painting artwork on the picture, then must be a little bit
paint spotted on it's clothes - or some paint drops next to him, and
put the text on painting canvas and scaffolding to show what was the
hard work. Furthermore we have to target not only guys, else girls
too.... So the same way we could have an amabassador, and several
other role sheets if we put something else the the kid hands (like
books for docs team, etc)? So we could have series of info sheets for
different roles. What do you think guys?

PS: for steps - we have the nice phase boxes:
https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/9/9c/Fpo-redesign-phases.png

2011/7/15 Gregory Fenton <fedora at fedoradvds.com>:
> I have to admit I like the artwork.
> That aside, it is not at all professional - if you want a distro seemingly
> aimed at kids then make one. I as an ambassador will happily install fedora
> for a child, but I aim more for the more mature audience that probably
> wouldn't appreciate being told that the bleeding edge OS they are running is
> sponsored by the cast of Sesame Street (I know it isn't really, this is just
> an example).
> If it /does/ get sponsored by Sesame Street can someone get me Big Bird's
> autograph please?
> Greg
>
> On 15 July 2011 09:05, Kaesar ALNIJRES <akajava1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> A real great job
>> I think [2] is especially clear with step1, step2,...
>> They  are friendly, and stress-less.
>> Thanks, the design team for the good job.
>> Regards
>> Kaesar
>>
>> On 07/14/2011 10:28 PM, Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:
>> > Dear Ambassadors,
>> >
>> > at the moment the design team is discussing a rework of the ambassadors
>> > join process to have a more "graphical" approach. [1]
>> > I made some mockups to show how it could look like. [2]
>> > As you can see at the intro page I added some small guys. [3]
>> >
>> > Now the question is:
>> > Do you like them or would you like to have more adult ones, like Sirko
>> > made? [4]
>> >
>> > Let me know...
>> >
>> > Regards, vinz.
>> >
>> > [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Joining_Ambassadors