[Ambassadors] FAmSCo meeting minutes for Jun 25, 2011

Gerard Braad gbraad at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jun 25 16:16:38 UTC 2011

H All,

Here are the meeting minutes of FAmSCo for Saturday, the 25th of June 2011.

Minutes:
  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-06-25/fedora-meeting.2011-06-25-14.17.html
Minutes (text):
  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-06-25/fedora-meeting.2011-06-25-14.17.txt
Log:
  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-06-25/fedora-meeting.2011-06-25-14.17.log.html

We tried to get an agreement on the preference of FAmSCo for the
FUDCon APAC bid. Two options are available; India[1] and China [2].
However this has probably been one of the most difficult decisions in
recent time... as Neville Cross put it during the meeting:

"I see fudcon APAC as primarily community building opportunity, and
both bids have strong points for achieving that. I don't feel right
about saying no to one of those bids"

Therefore we would also like your opinion. And inquiry about this
topic will follow on the Ambassador list by Igor Soares. Please
respond to that email/topic instead. As FAmSCo we will cast our final
decision by Tuesday not to delay any decision making more.

kind regards,

Gerard

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_Beijing_2011
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:India_2011

--
Gerard Braad — 吉拉德
   Regional Mentor for APAC/China, Member of FAmSCo