[Ambassadors] FUDCon APAC bids

Gerard Braad gbraad at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 26 03:42:00 UTC 2011

2011/6/26 Buddhika Kurera <bckurera at fedoraproject.org>:
> By referring two wiki pages for bids we can see India has almost done most
> of planning stuffs rather than China bid. Further at the moment India bid
> page seems to be a very popular place as there is more than
> 70 registered people for the event.

My take on it: the bidding process does not entail the
(pre)registration process or complete budget calculation (however,
nice to have). Also take note the original India bid page does not
follow the bidding structure as defined on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_bid_process and might cause/have
caused some confusion. All negotiations for China have been done in
just a week, which shows the importance of 关系网 (business relationship,
network), but also how effective we can get this done ;-)

Gerard

--
Gerard Braad -- 吉拉德
   Regional Mentor for APAC/China, Member of FAmSCo