[Ambassadors] FUDCon APAC bids

Neville A. Cross neville at taygon.com
Tue Jun 28 03:49:42 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-06-26 at 19:32 -0430, MarĂ­a Leandro wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> Both bids are really great, and taking Kital words this decition
> cannot be done "on a subjective/feeling bases".
>
> One of the most important points to take a decition on LATAM last
> FUDcon was, more than a bid itself (since all where impressive) take a
> decition based on local community. FUDcon, FAD and other events should
> be a base to increase and strengthen local communities. In this case,
> I would suggest... yes, go ahead with a +1 vote, but consider which of
> this 2 countries (and also considering near-by locations) can benefith
> from this event.
>
> I'm sure that China and India has, not only impressive locations, but
> also amazing people. So I would encourage you all to vote for those
> locations that need our help to grow.
>
> see ya!

I think that we have to different subset of community. The India Bid
shows a big community that can provide a lot of things done during and
after the event. In the other hand the China bid shows a community
needing a hand to grow. Both are really important, but we can only have
one this year.

From far far far faaar away it is difficult to really understand which
will produce better results for our community.

Best regards

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217