[Ambassadors] SxSW photobooth awesomeness and its future

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 16 07:49:08 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 22:59 -0600, Clint Savage wrote:
> First off, the photobooth idea is amazing.  I'd like to say that we
> should be doing something similar at every event, encouraging people
> to get their pic taken at our booth. But making someone where a
> costume for 2-3 days could be challenging.  So I propose we build a
> portable photo board[1] to include in Event Boxen.  Probably of
> something more goofy, I actually thought the Beefy Miracle[2] would be
> a good choice, since it's easy to come up with.
>
> In addition, one would need a web cam and a dedicated laptop to take
> the pictures and upload them.  This should be an easy to-do.  Having a
> web cam could prove invaluable for other things as well, like doing
> mini tutorials.
>
>  Logistically, this could be a bit challenging when you have only an
> 8'x8' space, but this can be handled pretty easily.  One way is to
> move the table and chairs to one side and stand in the booth, or sit
> behind (tightly) the table and work from there.  The other half of the
> booth could easily be used to take pictures and show off our cool
> stuff!

Another way to do it could be with the new Cheese:
http://programmermusings.blogspot.com/2011/02/face-overlays.html

That would take much less space, and could be a fun demo of what one can
do with Fedora.

And if the Beefy Miracle face overlay has some success, it could even be
included out of box in Cheese. :)

--
Mathieu