[Ambassadors] sponsorship from Microsoft to freesoftware events in Nicaragua

Neville A. Cross neville at taygon.com
Fri Mar 18 13:54:15 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 09:11 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
<skip>
> I have no idea if this is also a goal of their tactic, but no matter
> what your decision is, expect your community to be divided, the
> "idealist" would feel the ideals of Free Software were betrayed and will
> complain about the mixed message, the "pragmatics" will be happy about
> money and the possibilities they enable.
<skip>

I am also expecting that the decision will fragment our community. We
have been working together among a few distros, we gave each other space
in the spot light when there is a launch party, we all help but we let
the distro having the release had the show for themselves. We will have
their support in the same way for our release. We work together for big
events like FLISOL and SFD. I will be very sad that some one came along
a poison this integration.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217