[Ambassadors] Some budget questions

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 21 22:17:31 UTC 2011

Dear FAmSCo,

I have some questions regarding our budget:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_report_2011-02 lists $3,780 for
F13 media production in EMEA. AFAIC we paid 3665 EUR, but this is more
than $3,780.

On the other hand, the same wiki page lists $7,980 for F14 media. I
guess this is the total budget that was approved, but according to the
ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/ticket/91 it was 5000 EUR.
Even with the all time high of the EUR we are currently seeing this is
hardly more than $7000.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/SXSW_2011 says that 5,880
media of the design spin were produced. AFAIK media production is
handled by the ambassadors and the budget is approved by FAmSCo, but I
cannot find anything about this in the wiki. Who ordered the media and
who approved the budget?

To me these numbers are really confusing and I wonder if there is a way
how to make things more transparent.

Regards,
Christoph