[Ambassadors] Some budget questions

Max Spevack mspevack at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 21 23:11:23 UTC 2011

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_report_2011-02 lists $3,780 for
> F13 media production in EMEA. AFAIC we paid 3665 EUR, but this is more
> than $3,780.
>
> On the other hand, the same wiki page lists $7,980 for F14 media. I
> guess this is the total budget that was approved, but according to the
> ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/ticket/91 it was 5000 EUR.
> Even with the all time high of the EUR we are currently seeing this is
> hardly more than $7000.

Going back through my records from the past two calendar years (from
March 2009), I see the following purchase orders to MediaBit:

FY10 (March 2009 - Feb 2010):

March 2009 -- 530 EUR F10 media
June 2009 -- 3440 EUR F11 media
September 2009 -- 620 F11 media
December 2009 -- 1565 F12 media
January 2010 -- 1645 EUR F12 media

FY10 total -- 7800 EUR.  You didn't ask about FY10, but I found that
information so I figured I'd write it down.

You did ask about FY11...

FY11 (March 2010 - Feb 2011):

May 2010 -- 3080 EUR F13 media
Jan 2011 -- 5000 EUR F14 media

FY11 total -- 8080 EUR

The final budget numbers that you referenced are $3780 USD for F13 and
$7980 USD for F14, for a total of $11,760.

Going to Google *today* and typing in "8080 EUR in USD" gives me
$11,493, which is pretty close.  I think Red Hat does enough business in
all parts of the world that it can get pretty good currency conversion
rates, but keep in mind that MediaBit also charges Red Hat for shipping.

So it feels to me like the numbers for EMEA media are about right.

Does this help?

--Max