[Ambassadors] My "Ambassadors Membership"

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 30 08:09:04 UTC 2011

Hi Manuel,

on the Ambassadors List now - i am ok with public transparency - just
wanted to protect your privacy!

On 03/29/2011 10:55 PM, Manuel Escudero wrote:
> @jsimon: Don't know What to say, speechless...
> Wrong technical advice? is this because of the discussion
> with that "Cristoph" guy?

No, it was my unbiased evaluation. You´ve got advices from different
people before.

> Oh!, never tought there were this kind of
> intolerant people inside the Linux Communities Ecosystem...
> Did you read all the Mails?

No, I made the decission based on facts - according to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Conduct
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Forbidden_items

- public use of Microsoft Logos and Artwork in the Fedora Infra - you
have got complains and warnings from several people

- use of co-branding Fedora <-> Flash Logo in the Fedora Infra -
ignoring the warnings

The "wrong" technical advice was not the cause for the decission - i
make technical mistakes myself - but we should avoid that people face
major data loss:

- to make a "rm -rf ~/.kde" <- really? what is with my kmail email-data
then?

Once again you are not removed from the group - you are on mentoring -
otherwise you would not be able to post on this list.

It is ok to have a strong personal opinion and ego - but if they are so
fundamental different from the message that we have in Fedora - maybe
Fedora Ambassadors is not for you - and i say that without any personal
sentiment. Please self-reflect if what you post helps Fedora or if it
helps only you and your ego!

Kind Regards Joerg
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688