[Ambassadors] FAmSCo meeting minutes - 2011-05-14

Buddhika Chandradeepa Kurera bckurera at fossuser.lk
Sun May 15 04:34:57 UTC 2011

Hello,

According to the FAmSCo reports Rahul was there only for one meeting out of
14.

As per the Election Rule there are provision for removing members in the
committee.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_election_rules#Members
""Members can be removed from the committee for misconduct by the Fedora
Project Board or by an absolute majority vote of the FAmSCo. If an election
becomes necessary upon member removal, the member cannot run for this
election, but the removed member CAN run for the next orderly election""

BUT Rahul was a active member and his contribution is very much important.
Therefore it is good to discuss with him and see whats went wrong.

Further it is better to amend by-rules by introducing new line describing
the action after the resignation/ removal of a FAmSCo member too. Mid term
elections as inode0 said seems pretty but should be have to focus into that.
We can easily select the next in the line from the last election. This is
the normal procedure as other organizations are also following.

So we can make it a clear rule by discussing with the Board and it is good
to arrange a town hall meeting as soon as possible to discuss this
situation.

*Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera*