[Ambassadors] Linux for Nigerian AEC Industry

Pierros Papadeas ppapadeas at gmail.com
Tue May 17 17:18:18 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Onyeibo Oku <twohot at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> The Heat is On!
> ---------------
>
> In about 48hrs+ from now, I'll be giving a talk to the Enugu State
> chapter of the Nigerian Institute of Architects on a topic titled:
> Linux for Nigerian AEC Industry.  I finally got a slot to deliver this
> presentation last week and it was confirmed today by another Executive
> Member.
>
> Date:   19th May 2011
> Venue:  NIA Secretariat, Enugu Chapter
> Time:   Technical Session, 7pm
> Turn-out: Usually >30
>
> I have recorded this event on the Events page. My blog also contains my
> thoughts on this event and should be on the planet soon.  More ideas and
> resource are appreciated.  Remember, it has to be something that
> architects can benefit from.
>
> More here:
> http://twohot.wordpress.com/2011/05/17/fedora-2/

Hey twohot!

Thanks for attending this and spreading Fedora on that  industry also :)

You might want to consider showcasing some CAD and management
applications hands on Fedora.
Blender can be used as a nice showcase as an industry standard that
has succeeded among proprietary competitors.

Is the event targeted to academics and users or also developers?

Waiting for reports and photos :)

~p
--
Pierros Papadeas