[Ambassadors] Is the Middle East part of EMEA or APAC?

Pierros Papadeas ppapadeas at gmail.com
Tue May 17 17:56:01 UTC 2011

2011/5/17 Jonathan Dieter <jdieter at lesbg.com>:
> I'm one of the Fedora Lebanon ambassadors, and today I received an email
> from someone in the APAC region talking about working on FUDcon APAC.
> While I appreciate the invitation to get involved, I was a bit confused
> at the assumption that Lebanon is part of the APAC region.
>
> As far as I understand it, the ME in EMEA stands for Middle East, and
> Lebanon and the surrounding countries should be considered part of EMEA.
> However,
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/MembershipService/Verification
> has Lebanon listed under APAC, and, while
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/APAC/Countries doesn't have
> Lebanon, it does have some of our neighboring countries listed.
>
> So, which region should we consider ourselves part of?

Hey Jonathan!

Definitely consider yourself an EMEA region :)

I am gonna make sure that ME countries are considered EMEA on our wiki also ;)

@Joerg, can we make the appropriate changes on the Verification Service?

Welcome once again, and join us on tomorrow's meeting!

~pierros

--
Pierros Papadeas
Chair of FAmSCo