[Ambassadors] Fedora is the 2º most used Linux s ystem

Matthias Kranz matthiaskranz at gmx.de
Mon Nov 28 15:23:06 UTC 2011

On 11/28/2011 03:16 PM, Jukka Palander wrote:
> You want me to be a group member and read
> _all_the_fedora_related_development_lists_ to be able to say what I
> think and what is wrong in a particular part of the whole combination
> named as Fedora?

You do not need to join *all* mailing lists. You can either directly
file a bug or change request, or you can join the one mailing list being
relevant to your ideas and concerns.

http://live.gnome.org/JoinGnome

> Sorry, but this is wrong way.

Why? Just because you think so?

> Developers should read just a couple of major lists (including
> ambassadors) and they would easily know what people think and whats
> wrong. Not the vice versa because nobody can be a member of every
> list.

But you expect *developers* to be subscribed to all mailing lists?!

> You have to take into account that this particular GNOME discussion is
> not the _only_ problem or wish from the field. There are many - as
> many as there are projects under Fedora and under GNU etc.  It is much
> easier to developer to follow the list of the particular product what
> they are developing including 2-4 other lists than other way around
> when we should be members of a hundreds of lists to get our voices
> heard.

No way. This would be a significant waste of their time. Most of them
contribute in their free time and they either work on stuff *they* have
interest in or they work on stuff someone else has specified in a wish
list. The latter can be done by product managers or by users, depending
on the size and the structure of the project respectively.

Cheers,
Matthias